American Psychological Association:
- Understanding Anxiety Disorders and Effective Treatment
- Understanding Depression and Effective Treatment
- Chapman, G. (1995). The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate. Northfield Publishing.
- Gottman, J. (2000). Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. Orion Paperbacks.
- Hendrix, H. (1990). Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples. Harper Perennial.
- Harris, G., & Subotnik, R. B. (1999). Surviving Infidelity: Making Decisions, Recovering from the Pain. Adams Media Corporation; 2nd edition.
- Spring, J. A., & Spring, M. (1997). After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner Has Been Unfaithful. Harper Paperbacks.
- Ricci, I. (1997). Mom's House, Dad's House: Making Two Homes for Your Child. Fireside; Revised edition.
- Thayer, E., & Zimmerman, J. (2001). The Co-Parenting Survival Guide: Letting Go of Conflict After a Difficult Divorce. New Harbinger Publications.
- McWilliams, P., Bloomfield, H. H., & Colgrove, M. (1993). How to Survive the Loss of a Love. Mary Book / Prelude Pr.
- Dr. Davenport Blog on Anxiety: Collection of articles about anxity and Dr. Davenport's comments. Includes a discussion about anxiety treatment and diagnosis.
- American Psychological Association: Understanding Anxiety and Effective Treatment
- National Institute of Mental Health: Anxiety
- Bourne, E. J. (2005). The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook, Fourth Edition. New Harbinger Pubns Inc; 4 edition.
- Bradshaw, J. (2005). Healing the Shame that Binds You. HCI.
- Dr. Davenport Blog on Depression: Collection of articles about depression and Dr. Davenport's comments. Includes a discussion about anxiety treatment and diagnosis.
- American Psychological Association: Understanding Depression and Effective Treatment
- National Institute of Mental Health: Depression
- Williams, M., Teasdale, J., Segal, Z., & Kabat-Zinn, J. (2007). The Mindful Way through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness. The Guilford Press.
- Carter, J,. (2005). Bipolar: The Elements of Bipolar Disorder. Unicorn Press.
- Bass, E., & Davis, L. (2008). The Courage to Heal 4e: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse. Harper Paperbacks.
- Evans, P. (2003). The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to Recognize It and How to Respond. Adams Media; 2nd edition.
- Engel, B. (2007). Healing Your Emotional Self: A Powerful Program to Help You Raise Your Self-Esteem, Quiet Your Inner Critic, and Overcome Your Shame. Wiley.
- Schaefer, J. (2009). Goodbye Ed, Hello Me: Recover from Your Eating Disorder and Fall in Love with Life. McGraw-Hill; 1 edition.
More Web Resources:
Charles R. Davenport, Psy.D., LLC Psychology Blog
Psychologist Dr. Davenport maintains a blog for educational purpopses. The blog looks at artles related to career stress, anxiety, depression, adhd, add, and relationship problems.
Here you'll find in-depth mental health information including care, and various mental health conditions and symptoms.
Internet Mental Health
This site compiles information about common mental disorders, medications, news, and recovery stories.
Directory of Social Services for Sarasota, Manatee and DeSoto Counties. This extensive directory has information about local services with index entries such as: Addiction & Substance Abuse, Child Care & Youth Services, Abuse Treatment, Medical & Dental Services, Clinics, and Hospitals.
Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center (SPARCC)
SPARCC is a state-certified center for domestic violence and sexual assault services for Sarasota and DeSoto Counties. All of SPARCC’s programs and services are confidential and provided free of charge. Some of their services include: Emergency Shelter, 24-hour Hotline (941-365-1976), and Advocacy Services.
Mental Health Community Centers, Inc.
The Mental Health Community Centers (MHCC), provides support services to adults with mental illness and disabling emotional problems. MHCC offers daily programs and activities that bring them into the mainstream.
American Psychological Association Division 39 Member
Division 39 of the American Psychological Association (APA) is the Division of psychoanalysis. Dr. Charles Davenport is the only Psychologist in Venice, FL who is a member of this APA division. Division 39 represents the full diversity of contempory psychoanalytic theory, research and clinical practice.